For additional information, click the link or visit Odiongan Municipal Government Facebook page.
HANDOUTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD. Each of this handout include the instructions for the Assignment, including the date of submission.
Please visit the website on a regular basis to get updates, recent news and announcement and other relevant information about the course. If you have queries, please do not hesitate to post your comments in the course bar link found at the top of the website.
Please read the syllabus of the course for the course coverage and requirements towards the completion of the course.
Please read the required textbook by Paler-Calmorin and Calmorin (2007) to augment our class discussions. A number of copies of the book is available in the library.
Explore the available online resources shared in the website such as NDLTD, CENGAGE Learning, and Sci-Hub to have access to free journal articles and other sources of information relevant to your proposed research topics.
AS WE HAVE DISCUSSED DURING THE CLASS THIS WEEK, the following reminders should be taken seriously towards timely submission of your research outputs.
(1) Bring your own personal e-copy or hard copy student of the Research Report Writing Guidebook. This will be inspected randomly every meeting.
(2) For those groups who will continue their research proposals submitted in Research 1, finalize it and incorporate the comments and suggestions that mentioned during the class such as: citation, APA referencing (reflect the links of the websites or digital object identifier links (doi) where the journal articles were retrieved). Be consistent in text citation and the list of references. Be reminded of the minimum of 2 journal articles and one (1) thesis as references, but are encourage to included more reference materials that are relevant to the group's topic. Submit the revised version of the proposal on or before 16 August 2019, Friday).
(3) For those groups who will change their research proposals, your group should prepare Chapters 1-3. Chapter 2: Related Review of Literature should be submitted on or before 16 August 2019, Friday).
(4) For those who want to regroup, the maximum number of members is 5, however 6 members is allowed provided it was approved by the adviser. Regrouping is the responsibility of the students concerns - either mixing with Blocks 1 and 2. Lower number of members is also allowed.
(5) Each group is encouraged to come-up with a back-up of the second proposal (brief literature review and rationale of the proposal, including objectives), in case the first proposal will not be approved by the Panel during the oral presentation. This should be submitted on the date of the submission of the final proposal by the end of August 2019.
(6) Upon submission of the proposals, the recommended/suggested Adviser of the group should be identified. Note that the Adviser should acknowledge the research proposals.
(7) All final copies of the research proposals will be collected not later than 29 August 2019. Non-submission will automatically NOT INCLUDED in the schedule for the oral title defense to be set in the first week of September (tentative September 6, 2019).
(8) Visit the website on a regular basis. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to bring your concerns during the class or email or post your messages in the course bar link as indicated above.
JUST TO REITERATE OF WHAT WE HAVE DISCUSSED during our first meeting this week, please be reminded of the following tasks:
(1) Every student should have an e-copy or hard copy of the Course outline and Syllabus. This will be inspected in the next meeting.
(2) Every student should have an e-copy or hard copy of the Research Report Writing Guidebook. This will be inspected randomly every meeting.
(3) Every student should read Chapter 1 of the prescribed textbook of Paler-Calmorin and Calmorin (2007). Try to answer the exercises.
(4) Every student should have an e-copy or hard copy of the hand-outs. Read and understand the contents of these materials. If you have questions, you can raise them during the class.
(5) Handouts #1 and #2 are already available for download. Each of this handout bears the instructions for the Assignments which are due on 19 and 28 August 2019. Visit the course bar link at the top of the website.
NOTE: Visit the website on a regular basis!
Seminar on Earthquake Engineering and Disaster Risk Management, 22 August 2019, AVR RSU Main Campus, Odiongan, Romblon
CONFIRMATION OF REGISTRATION/ATTENDANCE IS ON OR BEFORE 19 AUGUST 2019. PLEASE EMAIL THE DETAILS OF ATTENDEES (NAME AND ORGANIZATION) AT email@example.com
GRAD EM200 Methods of Research: Comments on the Research Proposal Final Submission, on or before Friday, 7 June 2019
ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING STUDENTS SHOULD SUBMIT A "REVISED LIST OF REFERENCES" using APA style because of the following reasons: Authors cited in Chapter 2 were not listed in the Reference List. It only showed that these authors cited were copied from the other publications without reading them or not having downloaded these materials online. Please note that only those materials that were downloaded and read should be cited and be listed in the references. Copying the list of references or citation from other online materials is not accepted - it is considered as "PLAGIARISM".
REMINDER: All reference materials should follow the APA style of referencing. Since these materials were downloaded from the internet, it is necessary to reflect the hyperlink - where the material (journal article) was found. Each reference should have a statement of "Retrieved from ..." The hyperlink is not the google search link - it should be the exact link when you downloaded the file of the material or the DOI (digital object identifier).
The revised list of references should be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, 7 June 2019. Non-submittal will be given an INCOMPLETE GRADE! Otherwise, there will be point deduction from the rating for the proposal submission.
1. Aparicio, J. G. (Did you have e-copies of these references listed? Or you just copied it from the list of references of the materials you have downloaded - which means you did not have read these materials)? If you did not able to download these materials, do not include them in the list. Hyperlinks should be added for each reference.
2. Fontamillas, A. (I found authors cited in Chapter 2 that were not found in the list of references).
Again, you did not read them, you do not need to put them in the list of references. Hyperlinks should be added for each reference.
3. Fontamillas, M. (Authors cited were not found in the reference list). Some do not have hyperlinks where these materials downloaded.
4. Ruallo, Z. (APA style of referencing was not followed and cited authors were not found in the reference list).
5. Ruallo, S. (APA style of referencing was not followed and cited authors were not found in the reference list).
6. Gas, E. ( APA style of referencing was not followed).
THE STUDENTS LISTED BELOW HAVE MAJOR REVISIONS OF THEIR PROPOSALS. Copies of your proposals with comments were already left at the Main Gate Guard of the university. Please submit the revised final version of your research proposals ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY, 7 JUNE 2019 at the Main Gate Guard. Submit all the attachments and the old manuscripts with comments as reference.
1. Fradejas, R.
2. Falcan, A.
3. Conchas, I.
4. Foja, J.
5. Fodra, J.
6. Asturias, X.
7. Romero, S.
8. Solano, J.
9. Gramo, C.
10. Race, K.
REMINDER: Incomplete requirements (Assignments, Long Quiz and Final Research Proposal) will automatically receive an INCOMPLETE GRADE.
ASAP/URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please submit the proposed/final topic/title of your Research Proposal. You can leave a post in the subject/course link (NOT HERE in the message post). Please write the topic, including your SURNAME AND FIRST NAME INITIALS for proper identification or you can email the details at: email@example.com
NO CLASSES THIS WEEK, EXCEPT THAT THERE WILL BE A FINAL MEETING ON FRIDAY, 31 MAY 2019. Please refer to the previous post for the submission. Please check the website and emails for additional announcements.