READ THE HANDBOOK ON: Ecological Solid Waste Management Act of 2000. It is available for download in CE315 Env Engg link. Answer the following questions. Write (handwritten) your answers in short bond paper on or before 28 September 2018, 1PM. Similar or identical submission will get a score of 0/100.
1. What is the definition of solid waste under RA 9003?
2. What type of wastes excluded in the definition?
3. What is the National Solid Waste Management Commission and its composition? List down the names of the representatives.
4. What is the National Solid Waste Management Framework? What are the contents of the Framework?
5. What are the requirements of RA 9003 for local Solid Waste Management Plans?
6. What are the components of the Solid Waste Management Plan?
7. What are the guidelines for clustering? Why clustering is encouraged in the local government?
8. What are the other major Solid Waste Management activities under RA 9003?
9. What are the categories by which solid waste shall be segregated?
10. Define the following terms:
f. Materials Recovery Facility
h. open dump
i. controlled dump
j. sanitary landfill
11. What are the minimum requirements for siting, designing and operation of controlled dumpsites?
NOTE: You can use the back of the bond paper (back-to-back) to reduce the number of pages of the assignment.