AS ANNOUNCED LAST MEETING, there will be a quiz on 16 Sep, Monday. The coverage of the quiz will be the first two chapters of Paler-Calmorin & Calmorin (2007) and handouts. This is a multiple choice and an essay type of quiz.
Part of the class activity after the examination is the consolidation of your proposed research topics and to be discussed during the class.
The following is the list of research proposals and the order of presentation. Please come on time to set-up the room and your power point presentation (laptop, extension chord and HD chord). Other instructions for the oral presentation is posted earlier.
1. Design, Development and Performance Evaluation of Maximum Power Point Tracking-based Solar Photovoltaic Water Pump
2. Development of Synthetic Graphite/Polyurethane (SG/PU) Coated Copper Cathodes for Seawater Batteries
3. Maximization of Solar PhotoVoltaic Energy Capture Using Combined Passive Cooling and Solar Tracking
4. Design and Development of An Automatic Factor Correction Device for IIT at the Romblon State University-Main Campus
PRESENTED BELOW (IN PHOTO GALLERY) IS the final list of research proposals with corresponding list of the Members of Panel. For the instructions and reminders, refer to the previous post for the proper guidance in the oral presentation.
UPDATE: Out of the 19 groups, there were three groups who did not submit their final copy of the research proposal. The following groups should submit their manuscripts before 8AM tomorrow, 12 September, otherwise you will not be accommodated in the program of proposal presentation.
(6) Optimizing the level of cement, carbonized rice hull and marble dust
(13) Rehabilitation of Water System Distribution in Barangay Pangulo, Municipality of Calatrava
(18) Proposed Structural Design of Sensored Traffic Light in Odiongan, Romblon
CIVIL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
12 September 2019, 8AM-onwards
CE Lab CET Building
.DATE: 12 SEPTEMBER 2019 (CIVIL ENGINEERING)
TIME: 8AM - ONWARDS
DATE: 13 SEPTEMBER 2019 (ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING)
TIME: 1PM - ONWARDS
ROOM: CE LAB, GROUND FLOOR NEW CET BUILDING
FINAL COPY - CHAPTERS 1-3, Due on Wednesday, 11 September 2019.
The assigned Members of the Panel will be provided to the groups
upon submission of the final copy. Final approval prior to
xeroxing/photocopying of the proposal.
Schedule/sequence of the group presentation will be provided upon
submission the final copy of the proposal.
DISTRIBUTION OF HARD COPIES TO PANELS, 11 September 2019. Should be personally handed-over to the Members of Panel and NO HOUSE VISIT!
Coordinate with other groups to prepare the room, food (AM/PM snacks and lunch)
for 7 faculty and honorarium. Each group need to provide their own laptop or arrange for sharing thru USB.
Maximum of 10 slides for 10-15 minutes presentations.
Focus on the rationale/statement of the problem,
research objectives, highlights of the literature review and methodology.
One or two presenters per group and NO READING PLEASE ON SCREEN!
Wear your university uniform.
THE LIST OF GROUPINGS is already available for download at the top bar link of the subject or you can download it as the pdf file given below. Please note that this will be used for the groupwork outputs, particularly in preparation of the research proposal towards the end of the course.
If your names were not listed, you immediately inform the class for proper group designation,
GENERAL COMMENTS: Strictly follow the guidebook, taking into consideration the following:
1. Approval Sheet - leave it blank especially the Members of the Panel - to be determined during the oral presentation.
2. Research Proposal - leave it blank or do not provide it since the study is still in the proposal stage.
3. Table of Contents - need to be included in the proposals, including the list of figures, tables
4. Chapter 1 - Explicitly explain the rationale of the study - why there is a need to undertake the study; specify the issues/concern or problem to be solved; Research Objectives - should be linked to the title of the study
5. Chapter 2 - proper APA citation; Cited sources should be reflected in the List of References
6. Citation versus List of References - missing cited authors in Chapters were not mentioned in the list of references. Hard copies of the journal articles were not cited and listed in the references. One thesis (abstract) relevant/related to the study is still a requirement to be part of the submission
7. Wikipedia as a source of information is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
8. Chapter 2 - Synthesis - proper citation/sources; Conceptual Framework - explain the framework.
Civil Engineering - 3 pages (As of 8 September 2019)
REVISE YOUR RESEARCH PROPOSALS based on the comments listed below. You can also view the complete comments in the CE/EE5 Research bar link (top portion of the website). For the final submission, prepare one final set of Chapters 1-3, including the 2 minimum hard copies of the journal articles that were cited in the proposal and one abstract of a thesis relevant/related to your topic. Non-submission of these supporting documents, and not following the guidebook will be returned.
REMINDER: Follow the guidebook carefully. Please leave the names of the Panel in the Approval Sheet page of the proposal. Abstract is not required in the proposal.
Civil Engineering Department - Part 1 (As of 05 September 2019)
Electrical Engineering Department - Part 1 (As of 05 September 2019)
THIS IS A REMINDER! It was discussed in the class that the submission of the Chapters 1-3 is on 02 September (Monday). Due to CET Sports Event, your group can submit your research proposal on or before 05 September (Friday) to be considered in the oral title proposal defense to be scheduled/announced very soon.
As part of the submission is the hard copies of two (2) primary journal articles that you have included in your reference list and one (1) thesis abstract copy (NOT the entire copy of the thesis) that is relevant or related to your study.
Some of the research proposals (with comments) were already handed-over back to you but for those who did not receive their research proposals, you may get the copies with comments on Tuesday morning, 03 September. The comments will be incorporated in the final revision of your group proposal.
FOR THOSE RESEARCH PROPOSALS THAT WILL NOT FOLLOW THE GUIDEBOOK AND DO NOT SUBMIT REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (JOURNALS + THESIS ABSTRACT) WILL BE RETURNED WITHOUT COMMENTS!
THIS IS A CONTINUING WORK FOR ASSIGNMENT #2 which entails the selection of a journal article related or relevant to your proposed research topic.
The guidelines/instructions for Assignment #3 is already available for download the subject/course link on top bar of the website. Please read the instructions carefully, and answer them clearly (straight to the point). Your answer will be submitted, together with the hard copy of the chosen journal article.
Please choose the journal article that is really related or relevant to your proposed research topic. The output of this assignment will be initial start of your "Review of Literature." Also, utilize the sci-hub, google scholar and other search engines in looking for these journal articles.
The required readings from the prescribed reference textbook (Paler-Calmorin and Calmorin, 2007) are Chapters 2 and 3. For every chapter of the book, there is an Exercise section and please practice answering these exercises.
Finally, there will be a seatwork in the next meeting which will cover the proper citation and referencing using APA (American Psychological Association) style. The reading materials for this are also available for downloading.
Handouts #3, #4 and #5 are also available for download.